Sunday, November 25, 2012

Send To


November 23, 2012

To my bruised soul,

I know you are broken. And it shreds your skin and makes you bleed. I know you want to be held tightly; to be hummed so you can sleep. You need someone who will hold you to his bosom as you sleep and will still be looking over you when you rise. Someone who will tell you its ok you faltered, its ok you failed.

I know your knees are bruised and you can’t walk. You have taken shelter from the storm roaring inside you as well as outside. But it will be long before the day breaks again.

You have stepped off the road yet again. Yet again you have let go of your dreams; the destination now farther than ever before. You want to be strong I know, but deep within I know how much you cry. How confident and yet so uncertain you are.

I know you don’t want to walk alone; you need a hand to hold. But you never had one anyway. I do not know what to say to you for I know not what is to come. I cannot assure you a companion to sit by you and journey with you, nor should I foretell (though it may be true) that you have to cover the distance alone.

Each passing day, the pain emanates from you and fills me up. So hard I try to smile, to look good and be alive. To whom can I show your wounds? It is still dark, dingy and frightening inside; all streaks of day long disappeared. I want to carry thee to the light that once was, out of this dungeon, for I don’t have much time before you cease to be.

Yours faithfully

No comments: