Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Yet another day!

It had to end somewhere and so it did. It is not a good feeling to be cut off, but sometimes that is exactly what happens to me. I am hammered away and become no more a part of what I was just yesterday. You think I gave up without a fight? No, I did not. I am still trying; trying to climb back and clamp myself to the trunk somehow. But it doesn't want me. It has given up on me.

I did no wrong. In fact I did good, and so it lets me go so I may grow someplace else. It says I have outgrown it. I am a trunk myself. I don’t feel a trunk. I feel a midget still; maybe a midget with tiny arms protruding out, which the trunk imagined for branches that could emerge of me. But I am barren.

Did I tell you how heartless they were when those hands turned me barren? I suppose not. It is not a story I share too often! I was a happy and cheery little girl. Enthusiasm cavorted beside me at all times. And then they stripped me of every prance that made me up. Drops of me trickled out and I watched-hapless, helpless, and in pain.


But I am not talking about that story here. That is for some other time. Maybe when we feel not a tad bit close, but are engrossed too much. The reign that I felt till yesterday, the throne that I only sat on, it has been taken. Taken away from me. I am bereft. It turns its back on me; doesn't like the sound of my voice no more. How heartless it is from this moment on. All its good words and the pedestal that it placed me on, is shaken. So is shaken my belief in it, my belief that I could add a meaning, and be a part of the whole. Am a lone midget, scampering in the dust. Till I find another it to cling on. 

No comments: