Sunday, December 16, 2012


When people like me fall in love, sometimes once and at times unfortunately, more than once, we believe that this love will transcend all, last beyond a lifetime and fill our souls.

Love that will define us and will be most precious to us. We like to believe that our beloved will see us as we truly are, hidden from the blaring glances of the world. They will know how we do not stand out in matters of the world, of the mind, of success, but will stand up only to defend, protect and nurture this love. For deep within us, we exist only to love, passionately, un-falteringly, profoundly and spiritually.

Love for us is not holding down our loved one; love is to set them free. And we, the dim witted people that we are, instead tie ourselves closely to them, so close that we can hear every sigh, every beat of their heart and every feeling that in invisible even to their eye. We watch them grow each day, watch them strive to better themselves, smile when they are happy and cry when they need to shed tears.

And we never question; never ask, for love sets no conditions. We desire not blooming bouquets nor candle lit dinners, no slow waltz, no walking on the beach sand and no tokens or promises of love. We desire not those three words nor ruffling of the sheets every night, not of palaces and servants, of horse driven carriages, ruby studded suits or eighteen carat diamonds (though diamonds are a woman’s best friend).

 I stand naked in front of you, o beloved. Every time and each time. You have my heart to see. The evil I have revealed to you and the good I leave on you to find. Promising you nothing but my love and a lifelong of togetherness, companionship and happiness. Like you see me now, I stand here belonging only to you. To judge you, is not what I am here for. But I will listen to you, each time, as you tell me of the things that you do, of words that no one should hear but me, of dreams that you sculpt, of passions that you envision, of life that you want to lead.

No comments: